Saturday, April 23, 2011

Fat and lazy

My Loser team is going to KILL me. I gained weight in Hawaii, and instead of losing it this week, I'm gaining more! WTH? As I've been whining about all week, I haven't been sleeping well, plus the weather sucks, so I have plenty of excuses for not exercising, right? Jillian Michaels wouldn't say so. She'd be kicking my ass! Well, I'm going to kick my own ass starting on Monday. I plan to give up Pepsi and chocolate chips for the week. I've done it before, so I know it's possible. And I plan to run 7 miles Monday morning, weather permitting.

I've been in a 3-4 day funk, and I'm not sure why. I think it's time to take the bull by the horns and start controlling what I can control, diet and exercise being among those things. I'm putting this in writing so if you see me slipping (eg sipping Pepsi), you can, and should, call me on it. Please!

Well, it's 8 pm Easter Eve, so Lisa and I had better get to the store to do the Easter Bunny's shopping. No time like the present, I say. Maybe it will all be on CLEARANCE.

1 comment:

  1. You might try valerian root pills for your insomnia. I'm usually highly skeptical of herbal remedies and think it's a lot of hocus pocus. But I went through a patch of insomnia last year and was desperate for an over-the-counter solution. I was pleasantly shocked when this stuff knocked me on my a**.

    ReplyDelete