Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Day After

Staying up all night creating a blog may be good for the psyche, but bad for one's head. I paid my lack of sleep the next day with a pounding headache. I also haven't worked out since Sunday. Too tired and distracted. I hope I don't let my weight loss team down. For the past year I had been taking Benadryl every night in order to be able to sleep. Two weeks ago (as part of my 40-year-old plan), I quit cold turkey. Perhaps the timing wasn't the best. I hope this relapse will be short-lived, but I did break down and take some last night. I REALLY needed the sleep. I feel much better this morning.

I think my pity-party may be nearing its end. I have to start living again. I have a job and a family, who would all like me back, I am sure. The good news is I've stayed away from Google. Haven't looked up a thing in the past 24 hours. Yay for me! Now I need to stop staring at a blank computer screen and start being more productive. Maybe I'll start by going for a run today.

A friend/client of mine came in with her dog yesterday. We had a good chat about everything. She is also a cancer patient (victim? survivor?) who has had a much tougher haul. She is so upbeat and positive and claims that is one of the reasons she's doing so well. I have the right to feel sorry for myself, but I also need to know when to stop doing that. Which is today. Actually, today is a very good day for that because today is the day Lisa is having the hardest time. I don't envy her at all. Someone told me it is almost harder on the family members and I sort of believe it. If you're reading this, please reach out to Lisa! She's more private about her emotions, but I know she would appreciate thoughts being sent her way. Or maybe having someone to talk to.

As for me? Well, you all know I love talking about myself, so if you want to listen to me go on and on, please give me a call.

I've also changed the title of this blog, because life isn't all about boobs, is it? Although I will say that although I haven't really thought about them much until recently, I really do like mine. They've never caused me any trouble until now. They helped feed my boys when they were infants. They're not very big, which goes great with my athletic lifestyle - I feel bad for the women who have to wear 3 sports bras at a time in order to go for a run. Not me! Several people have told me that if it came down to it, they'd lop theirs off in a heartbeat. I, on the other hand, would like to keep mine around if possible. I have an MRI in Monday, which will hopefully show no more lesions, meaning I can keep them mostly intact.

Go call a friend (it doesn't even need to be me!), hug your kids, and for God's sake, get caught up on your preventative healthcare!

3 comments:

  1. I figured the all night blogging must have had some therapeutic benefit but the aftermath would be harsh...

    Both my mom & best friend from childhood had DCIS. They are both doing great, not that the radiation will be fun & festive, but your odds are very good.

    I am sorry this is happening to you & have been thinking of you a lot. Sending good karma your way!

    SA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe goodness happens to those who think positive! Life is a gift greater than anyone knows, when one enters this seemingly gloomy journey it really brings us to reality! I feel we are a step ahead of the rest as we have really been put to the test, we know first hand what really matters and believe me it's not about rainy or snowy days, nor is it about money or how much we have or don't have, nor beauty or fame....I believe as long as we wake up each day above ground, able to breath in the air we are blessed with riches greater than anyone in all the world..!! I say March on everyday is a BEAUTIFUL ONE! Richest Blessing to you as journey down the path.
    Remember to smell the roses and take good care of yourself........

    ReplyDelete
  3. I truly live by this motto: "Plan for tomorrow, but live for today. " We all need some time to feel sorry for ourselves, but it's good to see you coming out of it. It's weird to see the other side of you. I like bad ass Jami better. ;-)

    ReplyDelete