Thursday, March 15, 2012

Reflecting. On reflecting.

For various reasons, lately I have been reflecting on my life and who I am. Ah, who am I kidding; I am always reflecting on my life! And one of the things I reflect about is why others don't do the same. Why can some people make their way through this world without giving it much thought? Or is that true? Maybe I'm us more vocal about it. However, I do think that I suffer from some sort self-awareness overdrive. And it's maddening. I think too much. I can't just be in the moment - I have to contemplate why the moment exists, whether I am happy or sad, what this moment means for the future, what am I learning from it. God, I can go on and on.

The good things about this personality trait are:
I am very self-aware. I know who I am.
I am constantly trying to learn from my mistakes and become a better person.
I am working on becoming more spiritual. I assume this is a good thing.

The bad things about this personalty trait are:
I really don't know who I am. The more I contemplate the more confused I become.
I can annoy people (especially those close to me) by overanalyzng every situation, every interaction.
I am so self-absorbed, I don't really know what is going on with other people.
I am frustrated when others don't seem to think like I do.
I think so much, I sometimes have a hard time concentrating on the task at hand. Or sleeping.
I am never really satisfied with where I am. I am always searching for more.

OK. Looking at this list, it looks like the negative outweighs the positive, doesn't it? Dammit! I knew it!

Well, I can't change my personality, can I? And I certainly can't change the personality of others. So I guess that means I have more reflecting to do - how to accept myself and others for who they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment