Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Appointment 19 - Breast Lump Recheck

It has been exactly six weeks since I saw my surgeon for a mass in my breast. She wasn't too worried about it but she wanted to recheck it in six week. So here we are. I will say that the past six weeks have inched by very slowly. Sort of like my pregnancy, which seemed to last about two years. I have been very patient and, as you may have noticed, I haven't even mentioned it in awhile. But the lump is still there. It hasn't changed much but it hasn't gone away either.

No matter how rich or successful or good-looking you think you are, being a patient for a breast exam is a humbling experience. For one thing, you can dress up all you want, but in the end, there you are, sitting on the sterile exam room table wearing a paper gown. At least my pants looked nice.

So, the doc walks in, apologizes for her cold hands (that's ok, I reply. I could never do your job because my hands are always cold.), and proceeds to check out my boobs. At least this time she found the mass relatively easily. So I'm not crazy, anyway.

I still think it's fibrous tissue, she tells me. Are you at least 99% sure? I ask. Because I can take a 99% chance it's ok. Yes, she replies. But....  let's move up your breast MRI anyway. It looks like it's due in April, but we can shoot for February. In fact, the Piper Breast Center is opening a new breast MRI unit at Westhealth (where I was for my appointment) on February 1st. Sweet! I said. I can be their first patient!

So, that's the plan. I'm waiting to hear from the Brand New Westhealth Piper Center Breast MRI people to get scheduled.

I'll keep you posted. Because I know you are dying know all about my breast status.

1 comment:

  1. Good day to all am so happy sharing this great testimony on here, I was diagnose of Stage IV colon cancer.i was checking for solution in the internet then miraculously i came Across Dr Itua herbal center the powerful herbal doctor that Cure Numerous Diseases such as-Thyroid Cancer,Uterine cancer,Fibroid,Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Brain Tumor,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone ToxicityBladder cancer,Brain cancer,Hiv,Herpes,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma
    Intestinal cancer,Kidney cancer,Hpv,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors
    Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,Oral cancer,Ovarian cancer,Sinus cancer,Hepatitis A,B/C,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Pancreatic Cancer,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer,
    Testicular cancer,Tach Diseases,Leukemia,Liver cancer,Throat cancer,
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresS sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Copd,Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma Infectious mononucleosis. ,I contacted him based on the testimonies I?m seeing about him on the internet, I was cured too by him, kindly contact him today through his email he can help you. drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com web and his herbal medicines will set you free from any human diseases,all thank you Dr Itua herbal center for your kind help in my life. His Mobile number Whatsapp.+2348149277967.

    ReplyDelete